Monday 29 October 2012

Gearing Up


I wish I could attack this task now, but it's going to have to wait until I get to Houston.

Mish has told us to "gear up". Work out where we want to train and get ready with equipment, gym memberships, clothes, etc. But I don't want to be lugging heaps of stuff on the plane (or paying the horrendous excess baggage fees the airlines charge) and I don't know what will be available in the neighbourhoods where I am living and working.

So..... a plan is in order.

Exercise will be predominantly running based to meet my goals. So that means an outdoor running area. I know I'll be staying somewhere near work and the most popluar running areas are not too far away.

I plan on joining a run club to focus my training and meet new people with similar interests. There are plenty in the area listed on the HARRA website.

Because of the hot humid summers there are heaps of gyms available around the area so people can exercise away from the heat. I will join a gym to work on strength, balance and cross training. (If I'm really lucky there will be one at work or in my apartment block.)

I just wish I could gear up NOW.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your plan is going well and you are getting moving!

    ReplyDelete